This last week has been pretty good, The honest truth is that everything in my area is going pretty well, we are working hard, and there is a ton of potential. Everyone in my district is doing pretty well also, everyone has more people that they are preparing for baptism this month, so I am pretty happy, this month is super important for all of us. My foot is doing better, I finally took off the boot yesterday, so thats gone now and I dont have to worry about it, I just cant really play any sports or anything, I have to take it easy for 90 days, and then even after that I still cant do too much. I guess by the time I dont have to worry about rolling it again I will almost be home, thats good, cause I dont want to come home with an injury, no matter how small.
We actually didnt have district meeting this week, there is a new meeting called zone training now that happens every first week of the month, the zone leaders direct it and its alot longer, about 3 hours, it was really good, we talked alot about faith and such, it was cool because they touched on a lot of stuff that I touched on in my first district meeting. Our zone leaders are awesome, one of them is Elder A, he is one of my older companions from chile, its great being around him again, he was a fun companion, in fact he was my companion when I called you all for mothers day.
So in terms of things that have happened this past week, well.... My companion and I have been on a search for more people to have baptized this month, and we have a few, its been hard, but definitly worth it. We found 2 families that seem very positive, sadly they didnt come to church this past week, so we will have to see what happens there, If they come this next week they can still be baptized in September. But the good news is that we had one investigator come to church all by himself, and he told us that he really enjoyed everything, he even has a friend who is a member of the church, but they didnt know it, so thats awesome because he already has a friend to help him and such. We have a baptism goal of the 23rd with him. He is... a really good guy, but a little off the path.
something interesting I havent talked about yet though, here on sundays my companion and I do divisions, because our area is so huge, and there are members that live really far away, that the church has made an extension of our ward in an aldea called Alotenango, so that the members who live there dont have to travel all the way to the chapel here, so we always split up to be in the two different sacrament meetings and then whoever is in Alotenango leaves after sacrament meeting to meet up again. It makes Sundays kind of strange, because I am not used to not being with my companion in Church. But its only a few hours. We are working hard in Alotenango so that it can be a branch, but its not exactly easy, its kind of away from the center of our area and it takes time to travel and such, and money, so we have to be really prudent. But there are some really positive investigators there as well.
I will say that the last week has been kind of long, on friday and saturday we were traveling alot because I needed to go do some interviews for the missionaries in my district, and so all the traveling makes me feel really tired.
It sounds like everyone back home is doing really well though, I am glad to hear that brayden is back playing, even if its just a little. And thats great that molly is enjoying track, It kind of just seems like a good sport for her. Haha, I am not surprised that brayden wants to drive everywhere, I remember when I started to drive it was the same, but I will be honest, later on it wasnt as fun, I kind of enjoy not driving and just being in the passenger seat, its alot easier haha, but I guess it just depends on the mood I am in. Who knows if I will be able to drive when I get home, I am not sure if I remember, its been so long, I will have gone without driving any kind of vehicle for 2 years when I get home, we dont have cars here in this mission. its all walking. Which I guess is good for my health and all, maybe thats why I have lost so much weight.
I miss pasta a ton though, they have pasta here, but it isnt the same, When I come home I think the first thing I want to eat is a lasagna. Or something like that. Haha, maybe I lost weight because I am not eating so much pasta. But the funny thing is, I dont have as big of an appetite as I did before the mission, I eat alot less than I used to. Kind of strange, I am not sure where it came from. But I guess its healthier than gorging myself.
Anyways, I hope I got all of your uestions, If I missed something tell me, I will try to send pictures one of these weeks, but Its a little harder now, my letters are a little longer to president because I try to tell him how my district is doing and such, and it takes up a bit more time. Did Wesley still not send a letter yet? I Love you all a ton and miss you, hope that everything is going well!
Love,
Christopher
No comments:
Post a Comment