Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10-3-11 to Mom

Dear Mom,
Conference weekend was a really fun, and enlightening time. I enjoyed all of the talks, as all of them could be related to Missionary work, but in different ways. Priesthood felt like it focused on it, but mainly for those who are preparing to go, and less for those who are serving. Jeffrey R Hollands talk in particular was extremely good in that session, and I hope that the youth in our ward paid attention too it, there was a lot in it that is very true.

During the First session, Richard G. Scott, Boyd K. Packer, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf were very good, I cant remember the other speakers by session, but I took almost 20 pages of notes so I will be sure to look at them over and over, there was alot to be learned and I am really sad that it is already over, it seemed so short.

I am sorry that work is busy, I know that it can get stressful when you feel like there is so much to do and not enough time to do it, but things always work out in one way or another. I am glad that molly enjoyed using my magic kit and had fun in magic club, I can remember when I went to it and learned some stuff, it was alot of fun, my companion likes to do card tricks for the kids here to relate with them, so when he started doing them and found out I knew how to do them as well, we established a connection, and then we shared a few tricks that the other didnt know, it was kind of interesting because I never realized that by learning those things when i was younger, I would be able to use them to relate to another person, especially on my mission. Its that way with alot of things in our life I think, we dont realize that the things we learn now will likely be used in the future, and sometimes we dont learn the things we need to as well as we should because we think they are unimportant, its sad when you wish you could go back and do a little more.

That is cool that Brayden is going to be playing hunter tonight, I am sure they will both try their hardest, haha, and besides, a little rivalry between friends increases learning, tell them both I miss them and hope they are doing well.

To be honest about giving the kids here something for Christmas, I dont think that is a good idea, we arent supposed to give them anything, thats one of the rules, and there arent many kids here to give things too, So Thank you for thinking about that, but its probably best not to.

I am not sure what to do about the Calling in Christmas right now, I just barely asked one of our zone leaders how it works while I was on a division with him, he told me that it is best to get a cell phone from somebody, and to call from that because the landlines here have an extremely long echo, or whatever it is called. And then if you want to pay here you pay here or if you want to have your family pay you have them call back, I am not sure about phone cards, I havent seen any since I have been up here in the mountains, so I dont know about Prices, I will try to find out.

As far as teaching goes, I dont really remember much about the last week, because I was so focused on Conference, but They have gone alright, When I was on divisions with Elder __ things were really nice, it was good to be able to talk to a north american who had gone through what I was going through right now and had experience, We only taught 3 families that day, but I challenged one to baptism, I wasnt really sure if Elder __ would be alright with me doing it but I just felt like I should do it so I did, and He said that he would be baptized when He knew these things were true, so things went well and Elder __ actually thanked me afterwards because he said it was something he had forgotten to do and he was glad I did it.

As far as with other families in our area with my normal companion, nothing big has happened, tomorrow we are going back to a family that has been really positive the past few times we have taught them, and they have a goal to be baptized at the end of this month, but we want to set it in stone, hopefully they have recieved their answer and will accept.

As far as Spanish goes, I am not too worried about it anymore, I dont have problems speaking anymore, in the sense that I can always say what I mean and get my point across, and understanding is alot better, sometimes I dont always understand the first time they say something, but if they repeat it once or twice I get it, I am starting to feel like I have the language down and it isnt that big of a barrier anymore, I just need to work on my teaching skills now so that I can make sure I am teaching by the spirit, as one of the members of the sunday school presidency was talking about yesterday, so in a sense, I still have another language to learn. I love you a ton mom, I hope I didnt forget anything. I love you!
Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment