Monday, September 19, 2011

9/12/11 to Mom

Dear Mom,

This week has been a little strange for me. My companion had a meeting on thursday and friday in the capital, along with all of the other leaders in the mission, so a lot of missionaries went to the capital, and the rest like me were paired up with another missionary who had been left. I got paired up with another missionary who came in with me, in Jocotenango, so I was very worried as we have both only been in the mission for 4 or so weeks at this point. But looking back on it now, it was hard, but it was also a very good experience for me, I learned alot of what I did know that I hadnt realized I knew, and I also found alot of the areas that I need a lot more improvement. We also had a zone activity on saturday, with a ton of latinos that are getting ready to go on their missions, sort of like a youth conference but everyone was around our age, they split us up and gave us each two of the latinos that were preparing and we had to go out and contact and visit families, once again I didnt really feel ready, but at the same time I also learned more about how I can progress myself to be better than I am now. Anyways, with all of the activities that we had going on, I havent had hardly any time to actually do anything in my area, so I am really glad to be back in it and with my companion.

Sundays here are pretty normal, we just have the meeting at 8 in the morning instead of 9, I dont have to go to more than one meeting, we just go to sacrament meeting, than after we teach gospel principles class, and then its priesthood and we are done with church for the day, and we start proselyting for the rest of the day. There arent many members here, we probably have 40 people come every sunday so it is a little strange to see so small a group of people, but I am getting used to it as time goes by.

I am really glad that you and molly decided to have scripture study every day, that is a really good goal and I wish I had done it more before my mission, even if it had only been just 10 minutes of reading every day. Another really good thing you could do is make sure that you are having family prayers in the morning and at night also, I have been studying about prayer lately, and that is something that almost if not all of the Prophets in our church have said we need to do. I know it can be hard because of the crazy schedule that you all have, but I am sure that it would be a blessing. The important thing to remember about prayers is that they are literally a conversation with God, thats why it is so important that we dont continually repeat the same things over and over, but try and make it as close to a conversation as we can. And also we ask for something, we have to do all that we can to put ourselves in a position to recieve that blessing, if all we do is ask and ask, and then sit around and do nothing, we will never recieve it. We have to show our heavenly father through our actions, that it is a true desire of our hearts, and that we are willing to do what we can, if he will help us.

I am glad that everything is well at the house after the storm, and not having power is tough like you said, but you are right, you dont realize the things you will miss until you dont have them. I hope brayden does well at his game, Im sure he will, hes a good little brother.

As far as things that I dont have here that I wish I did... I cant really think of anything, I mean obviously there are things that I wish I had, but nothing extremely significant, I dont think. All the american candy here costs almost 3 or 4 times as much, its a little strange, but it makes sense I guess since its something from a different country now. Kind of annoying though. My clothes are holding up pretty well at the moment so I am not too worried about that.

Anyways, I love you mom and I miss you, I hope everything is going well over there and that life is staying on track, tell everyone I say hello and that I miss them!
Love,
Christopher

Note from Mom:
When I begged him for things he would like, he finally said: skittles, lifesaver gummies and Kraft macaroni & cheese. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment