Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011 Today is the day!!

Christopher flies to Guatemala tonight!!!  He will spend the next six weeks in the Guatemala MTC (the CCM).
His mission president is brand new this week and has been training in the Missionary Training Center the past week or two.  I think he began yesterday (not sure exactly).  His mission president will be M. Joseph Brough.

Dear Mom,
..........
 
I met my mission president on Thursday night, it was a really awesome experience, he served his mission in Guatemala as well so he knows alot about the place. He told us that the people there would love us as missionaries just because they saw we had a cause that we were willing to sacrifice some time from our lives for, and that they understand the difficulties of learning a new language, and that they almost never correct you because they know what you meant, but thats not always a good thing because you might have something that you continually say wrong without being corrected.
 
As I said last week, I can call during my layover in LA, but the time will be 1 in the morning for you, I leave salt lake at 9:50, arrive at LA at 11:01, then our next flight isnt until 12:50 and it goes straight to guatemala and we get there about 7 in the morning, so I will call tonight.
 
Thank you for all the dear elders and packages and such, they mean alot, I love you all and can't wait to be out in guatemala to see the country I will be serving in.
 
Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment