Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 21, 2011 Emails


Dear Mom,
 
Thats good that Dear elder works in Guatemala, its probably better that it doesnt arrive automatically because writing alot of letters all on one day can be difficult and stressing. as for the code, I gave you all the information I had on my address on the envelope that had your letter, so maybe one of those? Probably 0628.
 
I'm glad I was able to make everyone so Happy by writing them, I dont think I can write a letter each and every week for everyone but I will try to do it each month, its hard though.
 
I do remember the fords, I taught their daughter stuff about chess I think, thats great that you all got to see each other and to reminisce. however you spell that, spanish is messing up my spelling in english now.
 
I am really glad that molly's performance went so well! thats great, I hope she is keeping 'molly's clubhouse' organized and not the mess that she usually had in her room. I'm really proud of brayden for holding his ground on not playing on sunday's, it may seem silly but it is important.
 
we havent had any notable fireside or devotional speakers yet, or rather we havent had any that you would know by name, but they have all been good, they are having the seminar for training mission presidents this week and a lot of the apostles and the prophet are here for that, I really am hoping that one of them will be speaking at the devotional tonight.
 
as of yet I havent recieved an actual written letter from home yet, but I have gotten a dear elder from molly and jacob and a few other people. Grandma did help me to buy a card to call when I am in the airport, however I leave tuesday night next week and my layover is in LA at 11 their time I believe, so probably 2 your time in the morning, and for the shoe I would prefer 10, thank you for asking. I got two shots here so I think I am okay on that part, and I can get the next in Guatemala.
 
I'm going to go ahead and end this E-mail to write dad one as well, but I'm sure you will both read it anyways, so you'll hear more there, is there a mission blog for me or something? I love you so much, I hope you are all doing well
 
Love,
Christopher Pierce 

Dear Dad,
 
Its okay, It has been a busy week here for me as well. That has to be really strange knowing that baseball is over as a coach for you, changes in life are weird but eventually we come to accept them I think. I am really proud of brayden for standing up for what he believes, especially to a coach, that can be extremely hard.
 
I think that is very cute that molly has set up camp in my room, I just hope she isnt making a mess out of it.
 
The language is coming slightly better now, I've started to read the Book of mormon in spanish now, very slowly, but I can make out generally what they are saying, sometimes it says it in a different wording or order than the English one, so it can be interesting because it makes you look at it in a different perspective. But after 4 days of doing that I am still only on the fourth chapter of 1 nephi, so it is taking its time, but I can see I am getting faster at reading it as well.
 
My district is all elders, but we have 2 sisters in our zone now, there were 5 but they have left since then. My companion is from montana, hes a convert to the church, he grew up in an FLDS family so the book of mormon isnt exactly new to him. But he does have a big Family due to their beliefs, its interesting to hear stories from him sometimes. But his family doesnt really talk to him anymore, he moved out a year ago when he joined so their is some distance there. My zone is 51( always makes me think of area 51) and we are district D, they say we are one of the best districts they have had in a long time and that most people take 4 or 5 weeks to get where we are in spanish right now, but I dont know, they might just be saying that. I have actually lost 4 pounds, I've been running alot in gym, I dont enjoy playing sports too much and I'd rather not break my implant on my mission anyways.
 
I'll try to answer any other questions you all have if you ask, but its hard when I only have a few minutes to see them all, and easy to forget some of them. I love you all so much and I hope that everything is going well there, I have to go now but I think I will be able to write again next week because my flight isnt until 9 at night and I dont have to report until 6:30.
 
Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment