This week has been one of the craziest ones of my mission so far!
We started off the week finding out that I was getting transferred so
I had to go around Roosevelt and say goodbye to all the wonderful
people I had met... That is always sad. And since I am training a new
missionary and had to attend a trainers meeting on tuesday in Provo
that meant I didn't get very much time to make the rounds.
Anyway! Tuesday we drove down to Provo and we had our trainers
meeting. It went well and afterward I got to spend the day with Elder
P my previous companion in my previous area at BYU! So that was a
ton of fun. It was nostalgic and felt just like old times him and me
doing what we used to do. It was pretty cool. So I got to see some of
the recent converts that I taught while I was serving at BYU,
specifically Ml and S. They are both doing SO well! They
are some great converts. It just warms my heart to see people living
the gospel the way they should be :)
Wednesday was the big day of the week I guess! I got to meet my new
companion Elder H. He is from New Kent Virginia! A little about
him I guess.... He is 18 years old, just out of high school. He seems
to be really excited to teach (which unfortunately we havent done a
ton of yet). He likes sailboats ⛵️ and stuff like that. I am not
really sure what else to say about him since I have only known him for
5 days now. But I look forward to teaching him the best that I can
So, a little bit about my new area. Springville West. This area was
previously covered by two different sets of sister missionaries. Some
of them went home and one got transferred somewhere else and now we
are taking over the whole lot of it. It is really crazy!! We both have
no idea who anyone is here and we are just supposed to do our best. It
has been a rollercoaster ride that is for sure. One minute things are
going great and the next we are lost in the dark since we have never
been here.
Besides that, we have been doing our best to meet the couple of
investigators that are here and doing a lot more to try and find new
ones. We found one yesterday and we will let you in on that
information later on down the road. It has been a little frustrating
that almost everyone we meet says "come back after the holidays".... I
know they have lives of their own but its just a little trying. Haha.
On saturday we actually got to attend a baptism of a 9 year old girl
in one of our wards. She was so ready to be baptized and it was a
great service! We honestly didn't help with it very much but it was
still cool for Elder H to start off his first week of his mission
with a baptism!! :) Provo is the best mission.
Something else pretty interesting. Since serving my mission I feel
like I have only been in 2 different places. Either Roosevelt or
Provo. While I was at BYU we covered the YSA down here in the area
that we are currently in. So it isn't completely new to me. But it is
just funny that I am down here AGAIN!
Well, I am looking forward to the week to come as well as christmas
and all that exciting stuff. I still wish I could be in Roosevelt for
christmas... but we will make the most of it!
Anyway, I love each of you please have a good week and remember the
real reason we celebrate christmas! We each have the opportunity to go
and partake of the sacrament and what better day to do that then the
day that we commemorate the birth and the life of our Savior Jesus
Christ.
~Elder Pierce~
No comments:
Post a Comment