Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Busy busy busy week! Monday, June 13, 2016 (Day 299)

This week felt like a century but it just flew by faster than we could
handle this!!

On Tuesday we had Missionary Leadership Council for our mission.
Basically all the zone leaders and sister training leaders group up
and we have a 7 hour meeting with President H and his wife. It
was really cool!! We learned a lot about what our mission is going to
be focusing on and what we as leaders need to do to help out the other
missionaries. Besides that, we just learned a lot of cool stuff
through training from President. As well as we got to council together
on different things.
I don't know much more to say about it. But it was also a good time to
see a bunch of my missionary friends like E Wiltsie, S Bowen, E
Kalimafoni. Eh, names are probably irrelevant to all y'all haha.

Wednesday we went on exchanges again. And I was with E M who is
also from Alaska, the same stake as my last companion E C. It was a
good day. .....it was a great opportunity to counsel with him and help him 
understand principles of why we do things certain ways....

I'm not really sure what all we did this week. But we were just SO busy!
Thursday we got to go to the temple. That was really nice. I always
love the peace that comes from the temple. And it's nice to go once in
a while. I mean, we live right next to the Provo City Center Temple
and we drive past the Provo temple everyday. It's ridiculous. People
in Provo are very lucky.  We also saw lots of people getting married. 
That's always nice, it happens a ton here.. Haha.

On Friday we had our Zone Training Meeting. We hadn't had much time to
plan it either because of our hectic days in between MLC and that. But
we had enough Time I guess. The training went really well in our
opinions. But it's Definitely a challenge to present a 3 hour training
to a group of 25 missionaries or so. We had some very powerful points
in there that I loved. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon, the
first vision, our training focus which is chapter 11 of preach my
gospel and a ton of other things. It was just great! For sure a new
experience for me to have to lead the training though. Thankfully my
companion is great and was there by my side.
The assistants who are also in our zone told us we did a really good
job. So that's good right?

Friday night we had some stuff happen as well. Some Elders got
emergency transferred and Elder I and Elder M (a different
elder M) got an increase to their area. They added an additional 2
stakes to their area because they basically took over another area and
continued to have their own. Elder D actually served in that
old area for 8 months. So long story short, we did an unplanned
exchange with them that night so we could help them out in their area.
I was with E Isaac who is a great missionary. :)

Sunday we gave talks in a sacrament meeting. (We were asked on
Friday,... :P). And had our usual super busy Sunday's. It was good.
It's weird going to church at BYU... Meeting in classrooms. I gave a
talk in a room that was basically a theater... It's so strange.

Anyway. I love being where I am. Missionary work is the best. I love
how as I learn to serve and give of myself the lord will take care of
our other needs. It's definitely true. Also, being in a leadership
position is super cool. I really enjoy being in close contact with
President H, he is the best! Also we are really good friends
with our Assistants. They're great.

I hope all y'all have a great week! I wish I had more time to talk to
you all. Love you!

-Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment