It's finally May!! So hopefully the weather should be warming up a
bit. I'm tired of the cold and the rain and everything.
So this week was great overall. We did have a really slow week but it
ended up turning out successful.
Last Monday we had a zone activity and we went to an Art museum at
BYU. It wasn't too exciting but we made it fun that's for sure. I'll
send a couple pictures in another email.
Tuesday we thought we were going to go on exchanges with the Zone
Leaders so we didn't plan anything (they changed how exchanges work
now so both of us go to the zone leaders area and double team it. It's
pretty awesome). BUT! They changed the exchange to Saturday. So we had
a long day that we hadn't really expected to plan for. We ended up
having an okay day. And it ended on a high note, because I got to do
my first Baptismal Interview!! A man named J and he only spoke
Spanish so we had a translator. So that was kinda cool. He definitely
wanted to get baptized for all the right reasons and he was ready for
it :). So he got baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. :). It
was a really good experience, I love ordinances. And being able to be
a part of someone's baptism is always a special thing.
Wednesday was great. We met a new investigator and set a day for her
to be baptized. Her father is less active but he is really supportive.
So things should go well for her.
Also on Wednesday, it was super cold and rainy. It sucked. It was in
the lower 40s, rainy and really windy. Elder C was making fun of me
because I was cold. But that IS COLD!!! He will be thinking twice
about things when it actually gets hot here. :). Haha. So that was a
good experience. Riding our bikes around in the rain. We actually got
a lot done and it was fun besides the cold. We visited an investigator
who went out of town and had just gotten back that night (we just
stopped by and it was perfect timing). He had a surprise for us which
was AWESOME!! Apparently his roommate works at a chocolate factory. So
they had a ton of chocolate bars they were trying out. And he gave us
two huge boxes of them :D. They're so good let me tell you. Haha, AND
we set up a time to visit him. So things should be good.
The sister training leaders in our district went on exchanges with the
other sisters in our district and so I learned a lot from their
report. It is seriously the best thing ever to be a district leader. I
love it. Now that I'm over the anxiety of the responsibility. I'm
excited and I look forward to district training meetings. It truly
amazes me every day how much love I can feel for those that I serve.
And the Lord has blessed me to feel love for the sisters in my
district (as well as my companion elder C). I love each of them so
much and want nothing more for them to be successful and happy. This
gospel is so perfect.
This upcoming week should be a busy one. We set up a ton of lessons
and we have a bunch of meetings to go to. But it should all be good.
Saturday we were on exchanges with the (Spanish speaking) zone leaders
and I loved it. Their Ward was having a taco sale for their Young
Women to raise money. So we went and got a ton of carne asada tacos
which were so good.
The main highlight of the exchange would be more of an idea or
concept. And it's that, since I can't understand everything since it
is in a different language, it really gave me the opportunity to focus
on my feelings, the feelings that the investigators had and to just
listen to the promptings of the spirit. After the lessons and the
exchange Elder B told me that the we had the gift of tongues in
those lessons. It's so beautiful how the gospel works. I love it!!
Elder C had a good experience on the exchange and I think he is
starting to enjoy being on his mission more.
The time really does fly by... It's crazy!!
Today is sister A's birthday so we are gonna go to BYU and go
bowling and we are making cupcakes for her. So it should be a lot of
fun.
Im looking forward to hearing from you and I hope y'all have an awesome week.
-Elder Pierce
No comments:
Post a Comment