Hello everyone!
This week has gone pretty well.
A few things I guess I should mention. A couple of weeks ago my black
suit which I've had for 3 years or so has finally worn out. The fabric
on the pants is no longer there and I've worn a giant hole in them.
Soooooo, I bought a new suit this week. :) I like it a lot and it
should last for a while.
So that's pretty exciting. Besides that, I would say I had a miracle
happen this week. On Monday I got my bike fixed and we rode it around
all evening. Not even a few hours after I got it back, I rode over
something that poked a hole in the tire so we drove home and I was sad
because I'd have to figure out how to get it fixed AGAIN. Tuesday
morning rolled around and I went to pump some air into the tire just
to figure out where the hole was. Annnnnnnnd when I started pumping it
with air it just stayed inflated!! So I guess God fixed the hole in my
tire while I was asleep. That was a huge relief!!
On Thursday we had our interviews with president. Those went well. I
know that President has a lot of love for each of us missionaries.
Elder C is struggling because he feels homesick. So I've been doing
my best to make this experience fun for him. I think we get along
pretty well.
Training is a whole different experience. I have taken for granted a
lot of things. Like companions knowing how to use the area book, or
talk on the phone and stuff. So this has made me take a step back in
trying to teach not only our investigators but trying to teach my
companion as well. I'm learning a lot from it.
Being a district leader is such a great calling!!! I love how much
love I can feel for the individuals of my district. I know the savior
allows us to feel an extra amount of love for those we are responsible
for. And I'm sure that's how things are in all of our callings in the
church. It makes it a pleasure to sacrifice for them.
We met with our awesome investigators this week. S is out of town
currently but we got to meet with him twice this week. He is so solid
and he will be baptized on May 14th and then confirmed on the 15th.
I'm excited for him. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well
as the commandments, he acts as if he has been taught before because
he believes all of this stuff and has no issues keeping the
commandments. He truly is a miracle for us and I'm excited to watch
him make covenants with God. At our last meeting, he had a migraine
and his girlfriend s caught us on our way out. She said he might
want a blessing and so she went and talked to him and he did want one.
I know there is power in a priesthood blessing. We administered to him
and it was a spiritually uplifting experience for him and for me. He
definitely felt better after the blessing.
We also met with another solid investigator named B. We invited
her to work towards May 28th as the day to be baptized. She said that
she still isn't 100% sure about it. But she knows it is true. she is
just a little nervous because it's kind of a big deal. But we've been
able to teach her a lot lately. She has a strong desire to grow closer
to her Father in heaven and that makes all the difference. She
believes all we are teaching, like she told us it makes sense to her.
And I'm sure that she will feel confident to be baptized by May 28th.
She says she's been praying and that she feels she is getting an
answer. So in time she will learn that this is truth and that she
needs to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood.
Those are the main highlights of the week that I can think of. I hope
I'm not forgetting anything important.
Thank you all so much for emailing me and everything. I love and need
the support. I'm excited to talk to my mom on Mother's Day, so I'm
looking forward to that. Hope you all have a great week!!
-Elder Pierce
No comments:
Post a Comment