Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Monday, January 26, 2016 Good morning Myton Utah

Hello everyone,

Glad you could make it this week. I hope everything is going well for y'all because it's been pretty good here in the middle of nowhere. Haha seriously. Another missionary put it to me this way, Roosevelt is nowhere, and Duchesne is nowhere. So Myton is literally in the middle of nowhere :)

Anyway, things have been going well here. Last Monday we enjoyed our P-Day as we got ready for our week.
Tuesday we met with S, our investigator out in Randlett who will be getting baptized a week from Saturday! That'll be like a happy birthday present for me I guess. I'll take it! Then I'll have hit one of my goals which was to have a baptism in each of the wards/branches that we cover in this area. She was such a surprise and what's unbelievable is that considering the brief amount of times we've taught her, she wants to get baptized for ALL the right reasons!!!  It's truly a miracle to watch her conversion.

Wednesday we had a huge broadcast we had to watch. It was for all the missionaries in the world which is pretty cool. We were instructed by many church leaders on the fundamentals of missionary work. I particularly enjoyed Elder Bednar's discussion on the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. I took a lot of good notes, hopefully I can apply them all.

The highlight of my week was on Friday when we had our interviews with our mission president. President Hodgman is a man whom I admire tremendously. The moment I walked into the room with him I could feel
the immense love that he has for me. It was wonderful and quite surreal. To say the least I enjoyed it. I had the chance to discuss the trials I've been going through and how I can possibly overcome them. He told me he has a lot of respect in my mature outlook on things. It definitely took me a while to get to that "mature" point. But sometimes this is what happens when you pray for humility :). I have had the chance to learn a lot lately. Notably though, president Hodgman prayed for the pierce family, and for me as well. Some things were personal. But I can assure you I'm in good hands here, being watched over by the Lord himself, and protected by my mission President and his wife.

While Elder S was in his interview I got to have a nice conversation with sister Hodgman. We talked about how cool their Tesla is, about how it can get updates overnight that enhance the performance of the vehicle. We also talked about missionary stuff, she's a nice woman. It's kinda crazy how much they care about us even though they've only known me for 5 months or so now.

Sometimes when things don't go smoothly you have to take a step back and look at what you're doing. It's harder to do that when there are two of you working together and one side doesn't help. But it allows for you to learn a lot from your situations.

I'm looking forward to these next couple weeks. Because I really do love the people that are here in this area. And I am gonna miss them one day. But the best way I can help them is to help them live a gospel oriented life. I'm glad I have that opportunity.

Hope you all have a happy week, best of luck to each of you in all your endeavors

-Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment