Okay, This past week has been full of work, and alot of success. We were very blessed this past week. I dont remember if I had explained to you about what my companion and I were planning on doing with a week of consecration, but I will put it this way, we worked hard. We established a rule that we wouldnt talk about any kind of video game, movie, music, or anything. And that we were just going to work like crazy. And well, it was an amazing week! There were other things that we put as rules and such, but I will talk to you all about the details later.
The best news of the week, we had 5 baptisms this weekend! Saturday we were running around like crazy, getting everything ready for our families marriage, and then making sure we had everything ready for the baptism as well. Fortunately everything went smoothly, and the baptism was amazing. This family we baptized is amazing. We also had a baptism on Sunday, along with many others in the zone, in the stake center, so that day was pretty full also.
This week that is coming up we are working on two Men that we want to have baptized. One is the husband of a member and he has already attended church a ton, its just been difficult to find him, but we did and we challenged him to baptism and he accepted. We just have to make sure he stays away from coffee. The other is a former investigator who also has all the attendance, but just needs to leave behind drinking, which has been very hard for him, but he is doing well right now. So we are trying to make sure we keep up our diligence. The baptism and marriage on Saturday though were pretty special for me because that was my 2 year mark, I was so happy to be able to do have baptisms and a marriage on that day. We were so blessed.
In other news! You will all remember that I was here in the zone of villa hermosa about a year ago, and that the bishop and his family had made me my cake for my birthday and we all celebrated together, well, my area is literally 10 minutes away from their house, when we went to the stake center on sunday for our baptism we saw them and it was so nice to see that family again, they are honestly my family here in Guatemala. I got permission to go visit converts and members in my area there yesterday for p day and was able to visit them for a while also, they are going to visit family in Boston the 25th of this month, I was so glad that I saw them in the stake center and went to visit them yesterday because previously I was planning on going to visit everyone on the 25th, but if I had I would have gotten there and wouldnt have found them, so that was pretty cool for me. You might not get why I am so excited and happy over this, but the point is, it was great.
But anyways... More than anything my companion and I are trying to get to work, we are doing the best we can to make sure this area flourishes. This month of June we are planning on having 315 baptisms as a mission, right now we have 117, there are 79 Baptismal dates for this week, and we had 600 or so investigators progressing this last weekend, so the numbers are there for the possiblity, we just have to continue searching for the miracle through our faith and diligence.
I love you all and miss you, thank you so much for everything!
Love,
Elder Pierce
No comments:
Post a Comment