Dear Mom,
Well, Its interesting to hear that there has been alot of rain there, here its been mostly dry, but in a month or two it should start raining like crazy, last year when I was in the Coast in April it rained and poured without fail every day, and the storms here are crazy, so I am looking forward to that for the moment.
In answer to the question about the clothing, thats something I had thought about, I am pretty sure that I will be leaving most of it here, because it is pretty well on to its way to being worn, but it should last me to the end, its not all yellow or anything, but if anything its slightly large on me, I weigh 20 pounds less than when I started so that cut quite a bit. But I am trying to find a gym we can go to here early in the morning so that I can get back onto weightlifting, running is great but as far as muscle building it doesnt do as much so I kind of want a combination.
So in other news, things that have been going on recently, Yesterday as a zone we went to Antigua for P day, which was super strange for me because that was my district 8 weeks ago and I was literally there every week, so I felt like a champ knowing where everything was haha, but at the same time it was kind of strange going back to a place I knew. But it was my companions first time and so hopefully he enjoyed it, I remember the first time I went it was pretty awesome.
On friday last week we had interviews with President, and he told me a lot of things, but mainly he talked about the time I had left, he said that I have to sanctify my mission with these last months, that I will be busy sanctifying it and I will be purified more than ever during this time. He told me that I need to constantly just be filtering through my head,"just one more contact" or " just one more lesson" no matter where I am and just work work and work. So that is what I have been trying to do a ton this past week. We also talked about some things, but he asked me what I needed to develop more than anything else at this point right now and I said Perfect faith, and Hope. And he agreed and told me that I did because that will help me help the missionaries in my district more than anything. I absolutely love interviews with President and I will miss them. I learn a ton.
But anyways, I thought I might describe to you what an average week here in the coast is like, its ALOT of work. On average, every companionship will have 40 to 50 lessons in a week, in most of the areas each companionship finds around 30 or more new investigators, and we are always contacting like crazy. So we just go back and forth working like crazy in the heat. Last week my companion and I had 46 lessons, we found 13 new investigators(that number is kind of low =( ) And we had 11 investigators in Sacrament meeting. The investigators in sacrament meeting was a huge blessing for us as we have been working like crazy to get that number up, when I got here there were 3 or 4 coming each sunday but we have gradually moved it up bit bu bit. Our standard of excellence in the mission for Investigators attending is 8.
So needless to say, we have alot to do here, and thats the good thing about the Coast because not all areas or zones are like that. We put up with the Heat, but there are some great blessings.
Another funny thing President told me in my interview, haha, he said that these next few months I am going to start just feeling really tired and worn out, and that its normal but I just have to keep on pushing harder each day. Haha, the funny thing was that the next day I was probably feeling more tired than I have ever felt on the mission, so, President definitly was following inspiration on that.
But anyways, thats kind of pretty much all the news I have for this week, as far as college, maybe I should take courses again at UAB, but I dont know, I will need a job to save up money too, I will need another computer and stuff for college again, I can always apply to UAB and then choose not to later if I feel like making another decision, right? or a thought that just came to me is that maybe I could do study courses online from BYU or UAB? I dont really know how that works, but I do need a plan, what are the benefits to going to UAB and repairing my grades instead of just starting over at BYU? in any case, I just need to be applied to these schools before any other deadline comes so that I at least have the option when the time comes to make a choice.
But anyways, I hope I got all your questions, I love you all and miss you, take care!
Love,
Christopher
Right, next week should be on wednesday, so be expecting that. As far as the goals... I havent always been as well directed on them maybe, I used to put goals and not really do anything to get them, but now I am always trying to have a plan laid out and than take the iniciative on it. I think my biggest problem and maybe still a little is that I would just wait for someone to get on to me about working on the goal instead of motivating myself. So I have always set goals but I havent really worked towards them correctly.
Tell muddie I love her and miss her!
Love,
Christopher
No comments:
Post a Comment