Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1-8-13

Dear Mom, 

 The new area is great, we are working hard and definitely enjoying the fruits of our Labors. This last Sunday we had a baptism, which was great for us, and we also have some other investigators that look very positive. So we are excited to be working, the only thing is that our area is super small, but its just a different way to work. We pretty much know everyone now though. Even Each dog in the street, haha, everything is going to be memorized in this area.  My companion and I are getting along pretty well, Like I said, he is from tonga, And Molly is going to be offended when she hears this, but his favorite food is Dog. Yes, I mean Dog, apparently its a food they eat in tonga. So thats an interesting fact! Apparently its alot like pig meat but softer. I dont plan on trying it though. Not that they make it here. They dont. But President wants me to work on him alot with his spanish, he is still having a little trouble, and apparently he is learning better with English companions than Latino Companions. 

Anyways, The mission here is going great, I honestly am very content right now, which is interesting, I was reading my journal this morning and going over some of my experiences and it came to my mind just how happy I am to have been here as a missionary and have been able to enjoy all of the wonderful experiences I have, I have learned so much here. If I have learned anything recently, I feel like it is it doesnt matter what you are doing, compared to the work of others, if you are doing the work that God needs you to do, Maybe others will have callings that seem greater and grander, but the honest truth is that for your ownself, there is no calling greater and grander than the one God needs you for. Small or big. 

The members in  our area are super nice, we have been working hard with them, they always leave to work with us, so we almost never teach lessons alone. And that helps alot with the amount of success we have in teaching. There is no substitute for working with the members. 

It sounds like everyone at home though is just enjoying life though, I am glad to hear that the party at Kim's house was fun, Its always nice to be able to get together with family and friends.

The biggest change about my area is definitely the temperature. I have a fan blowing by my head at night and I still feel hot when I try to sleep, thats probably the hardest thing to do here for me, get to sleep, its just so hard with all the heat, when I come home I cant wait to have air conditioning and all that again, I never realized how big a difference it made!

I am glad to hear about Brayden's Eagle scout project, I hope everything goes well with that and that he has great success.

But anyways, Not too much else happening here, I am super excited for the 17th, Elder Christofferson, is coming to speak to us, so that will be amazing. He has become a favorite apostle of mine while on the mission. So not next week, but the week after I will be sure to give you all a heads up on what he talked to us about.

but I need to be going for now, If there is anything I can do for you all just let me know, I love you all a ton!

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment