Dear Mom,
Wow, It sounds like you have all had a super crazy week back home, I am glad to hear that you have each been able to make it through what has happened and keep pushing on. I am really glad that Brayden was able to find his spikes though, that was so lucky, it truly is a blessing. And also that the Sea doo or car didnt get stuck in the lake haha, that would have been a really big problem..
The talk James gave sounds like it must have been really great, The atonement is a subject extremely extensive and so amazing. Its something so essencial for everyone of us, and yet we cant really ever truly comprehend it completely in this life. I have thought about when I come back home too now and the wards are all split up, its going to be strange, haha, But thats still a good ways a way.
As far as changes I still dont know who my new companion is, I will tomorrow though, I am kind of excited and kind of nervous at the same time, recieving a new companion is kind of just one of those things, you never know, Hopefully it will be someone I get along with like all of the others, it definitly makes the time go by better. Its actually kind of funny because everyone in our zone has changes so everyone will be going, there will be alot of new people here.
As far as things here, they have been going pretty well, I went on divisions again this week with another elder named Elder S, hes from El Salvador, good guy, hes leaving with my companion, while we were out working it started to rain, the rainy season is really starting to pick up now, and we got in a house right as it started, But we couldnt really talk with the people because the house was made of aluminum so all the rain falling made a ton of noise and you could hardly hear anything else haha, that was pretty funny, but it was kind of strange too because as it was raining it started Hailing too! I dont really know where it came from, but the good thing about the rain is that when its raining, its kind of cool here, and not nearly as hot, so at least I am not sweating all the time. The bad thing is that you go out and work in it so you get drenched, but thats actually kind of fun too so no worries.
We also had a baptism this past sunday which was great, Its kind of a strange story because we were going to get her married so she could be baptized, but what actually ended up happening was that she and her boyfriend Broke up completely, that was a surprise because we had gone and gotten all the papers for the marriage and what not, but there wasnt one. Its sad that it happened, but its probably for the better, because apparently they had been fighting for a while now, but she still wanted to go forward and be baptized, so she was. It was really great because she is one of the investigators that is truly converted, they do everything well, they keep their commitments, pray, and truly know that it is true.
Yesterday we had P day as a district and we went to A chapel in a different companionships area, to play soccer and stuff, but the building there has Mango trees outside and so we got there and there were Mangos Everywhere, I ate way too many, but there were literally a billion or so.
Another thing I have been trying to work on here now especially is studying more effectively spanish, its another thing that President talked to us about, and he really wants us to be able to continue bettering our ability to communicate, I agree with him that its definitly something we should do, I am trying to divide my study up into different time periods of different activities, so I dont get bored with just studying the same thing over and over again, its definitly helping though.
Other than that though, the week has been pretty normal, we have worked super hard, and are super tired, but always ready to keep on working, I love you all and hope everything is going well back there in Alabama, Tell everyone I love them and miss them!
Love,
Christopher
No comments:
Post a Comment