Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2-28-12

Dear Mom,

The New strength of youth pamphlet is the one that came out right after I finished mine, right? or did they make something new? Anyways, I think if we wanted to get a hold on them we could, but we dont so I havent asked, there really isnt any group of youth here in this Branch. Which reminds me, this next week is possibly my last week here in Panajachel, we have changes coming up on the 7th of March, how crazy is that? I feel like I just started this change here with Elder C and now we are ending it. Its possible that we could stay together another change, but its not likely, When I talked with President in my last interview he said he was pretty sure I would be leaving, but not positive yet. Really in the end it will be what the Lord wants so not too much to worry about there.

Sister S is your hometeacher? I hadnt realized that she could speak english, thats awesome, she is a super nice person, all of Williams family is really, I am glad that you have such a great visiting teacher. And thank you for working on the Newsletter idea, I just think it would be really cool to have a lot better of an idea with what is going on in the missions of my friends, maybe if they have any worries or concerns, or problems with an investigator that I might be able to help with. and vice versa, it would be nice.

I am not still companions with him, that was a really long time ago, wow... haha, all the way at the beginning, I am not sure on that, I will try to check with him, but I am pretty far away so it could be a while.

Dan is the branch president over there now? that is really cool, haha, so when I come back his spanish should be really good, we should be able to converse alot. The only thing is I will probably have to learn alot of different words, the spanish here can be a lot different than how other countries speak it, usually just the jargon of how you say something, but the Grammar is always the same.

Poor brayden, he has been sick for a pretty good time now... I feel bad for him, I wish I could help, but maybe he is at least enjoying the time away from school.

So anyways, this past week has been pretty nice, we have had a few interesting experiences. One is something that will probably make Dad laugh, So my companion and I went to teach a young couple, who usually have alot of questions, they study the scriptures alot. Anyways, They asked the question about why Jesus Cursed the Fig Tree in Matthew 21 and Mark 11, If he already knew that it wouldnt have fruit and such. So I explained to them how the tree was a representation of the House of Israel, and that it had leaves and when a fig tree has leaves, it means it has fruit as well. so the fact that it didnt, was a representation of how it was a hypocrite, because it had the outward appearance of goodliness, the leaves, but lacked the fruit. I was a little more in depth with them but its kind of hard to type out everything, anyways, so the funny part comes in here, when I say, "entonces, éste higuera tenía ojos" haha, so what I meant was to say that the tree had leaves, But the word for leaves in spanish is ojas, the word I used, Ojos, means eyes, so when I said this, I told them that the tree had eyes! hahahahaha, their faces went so strange for a few moments until my companion helped me to realize what I had said wrong, I corrected it of course and we kept on going on, but I just thought it was kind of funny, my spanish is really better than that, but we all make mistakes sometimes, I am actually kind of glad that I have a story like that to tell now.

But really not anything too interesting has happened this week, its been pretty normal. I am glad to hear that everything is going pretty well at home right now, by the way, the card is correct for right now, thanks for keeping me updated on that. I think I got all your questions, I hope everyone is doing well, know that I love and miss you all.

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment