NOTE from Mom:
This was a sad day for me. I had a stomach virus that had me so out of it that I missed writing my letter to Christopher for the week! After an awesome telephone call Christmas night, where ALL he asked for were letters!....he got no letter from his mom. :( I was so upset when I realized I had missed my chance for him to get my letter before the next week.
BUT...Christopher had taken photos of his home, like I had asked him to. What a champ! Here goes:
12-27-11
Well since there isnt an email to respond to I guess I will try and send some pictures?
The first one is me yesterday on P day, we went down to the side of the lake and took a few pictures, you cant really see the lake very well in the picture, it looks alot better when you are actually there, but its still pretty cool looking.
The second one is the alley that leads up to the door of our house right there, thats from the inside of our house though because I couldnt leave.
Then there is the little outside part of our house right inside of the doorway, and the water pump is on the left, we have to turn it on whenever we want to use water
Then the next is just facing the other way from the door to the inside, the two rooms are the room we go and study in, on the far right, and then the kitchen to the left.
I am going to go ahead and send this email and put more pictures on another.
Email #2:
Here is the rest of the house
The first one is just the other half of the courtyard still facing from the door, the room is where we go and sleep and get dressed and all that stuff, we kind of made a makeshift line to hang our towels on to dry.
The second one is right to the side of the waterpump inside this little hall thing, that sink, its called a pila here, but we wash all our dishes and stuff there, then the door back there is our bathroom and the shower is in there too.
The third one is the room we go and study in, its not too bad, I have never had a whiteboard before, but I am pretty sure its for my comp to do stuff as district leader and whatnot, he studies on the right far side of the room and I study on the left closer to the door.
number four is our kitchen, nothing too fancy about it, we just have a fridge, a stove, a microwave, and a toaster oven, we dont really use them all that much because we dont know how to cook to be honest, just the stove for boiling pasta or the microwave to heat something up.
And the fifth one is where we go to sleep, thats my bed, the stuff thats hanging is all my comps clothes though, its kind of how we have the room set up, his looks the same way facing the other direction.
All in all its not a really bad house, its pretty nice, just kind of weird to have to walk out of the house to go to every other room, but no big deal, other than that just having to turn on the water pump to flush the toilet and use the shower and pila can get a little annoying but its really not that big a deal, and we dont really spend a ton of time in the house anyways so it doesnt matter too much, but thats our house here in panajachel
Not too much has happened since we talked on the phone, but I just want to make sure you know that everything is going great here on the mission. It was awesome getting to talk to everyone and hear their voices. Something I just realized is that one thing I dont have that would be really nice, well two things now that I think about it, is that I have no pictures of the family, except that one you sent me, so maybe someone could send me an album or something? Everyone always asks for pictures of my Family and I dont have any. also something that would be really cool is a calendar for this year, I dont have one, but My comps family makes him some with pictures of his family and stuff, I think they do it at costco, Im not sure though, thats not as important but I thought it might be something cool. Thank you for helping me out so much mom, I love you all and hope that you are all doing well over there and getting ready for the new year, haha,.as missionaries we call this next year our black year (cause we have a whole year where we dont see anyone from our family) but once I am done and finished with 2012 there wont be much left, Tell everyone I said hey and I love and miss them!
Love,
Christopher









No comments:
Post a Comment