Monday, November 7, 2011

10-31-11

Dear Mom,

I havent seen anything for halloween here yet, but I think they do some sort of thing, I actually hadnt thought to ask we have been so busy and I had forgotten that it was that time of year haha, a little strange, right? Im a little sad that I missed the trunk or treat though, that is always my favorite activity of the year for some reason, I dont really know why though, haha, I guess its the candy.

I havent gotten the letters from Papa yet, but that doesnt mean they arent coming, its just like I said, we dont get mail all that often here, and it takes so long for it to come and go anyways that we have to be really lucky sometimes to get them fast, But we are getting mail this wednesday at the changes, so if it has gotten here I should get it then, we will see. And changes are happening this week, not the past week, they are every 6 weeks, the next change will be december 14th, and then after that it will be january 25th, I kind of thought that was cool because it is jacobs birthday.

The Protein has been going great, I really enjoy it, and its kind of become what I do for breakfast, as we dont have a lot of time to cook in the mornings and it is something I can throw together really fast, tell Grandma thank you for the money to get more.

We had the primary program here yesterday too, it was kind of funny as we had 12 investigators assisting and alot of the things the program talked about were things we had taught, at least here, I dont know if it is the same here as there, but it was really cool to see.

Oh, right, more about the changes, I wont know if I am staying or going until tonight when I am about to go to sleep, so I cant tell you too much because I dont really know much more than that they will happen, but I will be sure to tell you who my new companion is and where he is from and all that stuff, dont worry, I am hoping for a northamerican as my spanish is pretty much leveled now and although I know it isnt perfect it is good, and so a northamerican would be nice, sometimes I forget I can speak a language fluently because I have to speak spanish all the time.

I dont think I will be able to skype, I dont think our president will allow it, but maybe I am wrong, as far as the card goes, I think you should send it.

A new family? but they havent just moved in, right? It was during the summer, at least I think thats what you said earlier when brayden was starting school, but that is cool that you have someone to carpool with, driving at 5 in the morning and then waiting an hour isnt all that fun, thank you for doing it for me.

My name is finally on the Mission board? that is really cool, I wish I could see it, haha, I guess I will just have to wait until I get back though for that.

So this week has been up and down and just about everywhere, its been pretty crazy. We had a Baptism for a man named E.L. on the 27th of October, so that was really awesome, and we had a lot of investigators come for the ordinance too, the spirit was there and I am sure they felt it, they also have a baptism date for this next month now so that is exciting, now we will see if I stay or go in the change, I dont know if I am going to see them get baptized but I am still happy for them and that they are making the right choice. Yesterday we were contacting, and for the first time we had someone that was well.... mean I guess is the best way to say it, we started out talking and he said he didnt like mormons, that they were liers and we didnt believe in hell or the salvation of the soul, when we addressed him as brother he said we arent brothers, that he didnt have any brothers in a different religion than his and such, and when we explained to him that we did believe in the salvation of the soul he told us he didnt believe us, that we were only telling him that to get him to talk to us. So we told him goodbye and that we hoped he would have a good day. It just made me feel terrible though, we havent ever had a contact like that, usually even when the people dont want to listen to us they are still at least cordial and friendly, or they just tell us they arent interested, instead of calling us liars and such. But there isnt much I can do about it so its better to just leave it.

I love you a ton mom and hope everything is going well for you and the family, tell everyone I miss them all too, if I missed anything I am sorry, I will try and answer it in the next letter, I love you!

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment