Hi mom!
(He first answered some of the questions I had asked.)
I didn´t teach in church again yesterday, I just sat there the whole time struggling to understand anything. Usually for breakfast it's beans and eggs, almost every day, and lunch is usually chicken and rice and vegetables. We don't usually eat dinner, and I'm not sure why, It's hard for me to go without dinner all the time. I've taken a lot of pictures, but I don't have my cable to transfer pictures to the computers, so I can't send them right now. Yes, I got dad's email with the pictures.
Anyway, this week we taught a lot of people. We had two baptisms saturday, a 9 year old girl named Rosa, and an 18 year old girl named Karen. I got to baptize Rosa, which was something new to try, although it was scary doing it in Spanish. We'll probably have at least 3 more baptisms before this transfer is over, we ahve 3 people who seem really interested. One of them is just working out one problem in his life, and he set his own goal to have it dealt with by the 30th so he can be baptized on his birthday. The other two just agreed to be baptized if they get an answer about the Book of Mormon, but they seem really interested. One of them has inactive parents, and the other is the cousin of Rosa, the girl I baptized Saturday, so they both have members in the family. (So exciting to me that he was able to baptize someone!)
Today we hiked the volcano, which wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. When we got to the top, there was nothing but more trees, and it was hard to tell we were at the top. And we got lost on the way up, because we tried to cut through the paths, but people kept changing their minds about where we should go, because no one set a leader, so we got lost, and had to find our way up and back down. (Sounds like that could be the topic of a talk somewhere in the future....)
I had to go on two splits this week, one with Elder Flores, another Elder in my zone, while my companion went to a leadership meeting in San Salvador, and the next one the next day with Elder Delgado, one of our zone leaders. It was really hard because they don't speak any English and I was even more helpless than usual with my companion who speaks English and can help me a little bit. It's really hard to learn this language. Everyone says I'm doing so much better than they were when they were where I am, but that doesn't make any sense to me, because I can't understand anybody or do anything, so I don't see how I can be doing any better.
Anyway, that's all I have this week.
Love,
Kenny
(He first answered some of the questions I had asked.)
I didn´t teach in church again yesterday, I just sat there the whole time struggling to understand anything. Usually for breakfast it's beans and eggs, almost every day, and lunch is usually chicken and rice and vegetables. We don't usually eat dinner, and I'm not sure why, It's hard for me to go without dinner all the time. I've taken a lot of pictures, but I don't have my cable to transfer pictures to the computers, so I can't send them right now. Yes, I got dad's email with the pictures.
Anyway, this week we taught a lot of people. We had two baptisms saturday, a 9 year old girl named Rosa, and an 18 year old girl named Karen. I got to baptize Rosa, which was something new to try, although it was scary doing it in Spanish. We'll probably have at least 3 more baptisms before this transfer is over, we ahve 3 people who seem really interested. One of them is just working out one problem in his life, and he set his own goal to have it dealt with by the 30th so he can be baptized on his birthday. The other two just agreed to be baptized if they get an answer about the Book of Mormon, but they seem really interested. One of them has inactive parents, and the other is the cousin of Rosa, the girl I baptized Saturday, so they both have members in the family. (So exciting to me that he was able to baptize someone!)
Today we hiked the volcano, which wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. When we got to the top, there was nothing but more trees, and it was hard to tell we were at the top. And we got lost on the way up, because we tried to cut through the paths, but people kept changing their minds about where we should go, because no one set a leader, so we got lost, and had to find our way up and back down. (Sounds like that could be the topic of a talk somewhere in the future....)
I had to go on two splits this week, one with Elder Flores, another Elder in my zone, while my companion went to a leadership meeting in San Salvador, and the next one the next day with Elder Delgado, one of our zone leaders. It was really hard because they don't speak any English and I was even more helpless than usual with my companion who speaks English and can help me a little bit. It's really hard to learn this language. Everyone says I'm doing so much better than they were when they were where I am, but that doesn't make any sense to me, because I can't understand anybody or do anything, so I don't see how I can be doing any better.
Anyway, that's all I have this week.
Love,
Kenny
(Notes from Mom in italics.)
No comments:
Post a Comment